When I log into my workstation and start Firefox, all of the old windows were opening up.
It seems that if you log out with Firefox running, Firefox doesn’t always get a chance to shut things down cleanly, thus it assumes that it crashed. Thus, it appears that there are the following options:
- Close Firefox before shutting down the workstation.
- Turn off the “session restore from crash” feature thus:
- Type about:config in the browser window.
- Find the following option: browser.sessionrestore.resume_from_crash
- Click on it to set it to false.
- Don’t complain when Firefox doesn’t re-open your web pages if it crashes in the future.
- Just live with it as a minor annoyance.