I ran into a highly unusual situation on my Mac, and so after almost three years of solid operation I had to re-install the operating system. I had license keys for all of my other software, but not QuickTime. But all is not lost! Apple retains your licenses for “downloadable software”.
- Use your web browser to go to the Apple Store. (Note: Those outside of the U.S. may need to go to Apple’s country-specific web site. See Simon’s remarks in the comment section below.)
- Locate the “Account Link” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Log into your Apple Store account.
- Click on “Downloadable software purchases”.
- You will find the “Registered Name” and “Keys” information that you will need for entering into QuickTime to unlock the Pro funcitonality.
- In Finder, go to Applications to run QuickTime.
- In the “QuickTime Player” menut at the top left of the screen, select “
- Copy the information from the “Downloadable Software Purchases” web page to the QuickTime Pro Registration screen.
- That’s it! You’re done.
- Added comments alerting people outside of the U.S. that they may need to go to a country-specific Apple web site per Simon’s remarks.